Duct Tape Bandages

Posted in Funny

Really. Seriously. Is this necessary? Bandages made from Duct Tape?

nexcare-duct-tape-bandage

This really isn’t a joke, and they do now exist. The “manly” bandage. Apparently guys were just sticking duct tape on their cuts already, so the smart people at 3M decided to build on that by actually making it into a bandage.

Nexcare 3M Duct Tape Bandages are bandages made to look and feel like real duct tape. The packaging says they provide “heavy-duty protection for minor cuts and scrapes”, and are longer in length to accomodate the meatier fingers of a workin’ man.

Via Strange New Products

Adgenta.com

8 Responses to “Duct Tape Bandages”

1. Kevin H says:

Arieanna – Having been a chef for many years, I can tell you that conventional bandages suck when you work in an environment like a commercial kitchen. The heat, wet and grease conspire against all but a couple of brands to stay stuck.

If these have the true sticking power of duct tape, I imagine a lot of cooks and chefs will be stocking up.

2. carla says:

Well, one thing with this, at least there will be some breathing room for the cuts to heal as there is some gauze…whereas using plain old duct tape is the worst thing in the world to do for an open wound for any length of time. It’s great if there’s nothing else around for emergencies, but then trying to get duct off the wound can be very hurtful! and it could rip the wound open again. Having worked for St. John Ambulance for many years, they do not recommend using plain duct tape ever…but there are times when it may be all one has to use and it does work!

3. Tris Hussey says:

Yep, I’d agree with Kevin. Duct tape just sticks better. If you have to work with a cut … that would be cool.

4. Noah Brier says:

I don’t know, sounds a bit painful . . .

5. Patrick from NJ says:

I remember seeing many contractors using regular duct tape on a work site because no first aid kit was available. They all said that the reason they used duct tape is because it was available and it stayed on better then any bandage. Duct tape works so why not make a bandage out of it. People make wallets and even clothing out of it so why not a bandage. By the way I use them too and they are great.

6. Alan says:

I am a remote medic in Alaska and we have a saying “I can do 90% of my job with towels and duct tape”. The guys working on the oil rigs do a hard, dirty job, sometimes 24-36 hrs straight, in rain, snow, -60F temps. Traditional bandages usually come off in seconds. For years now we have been making a “field-expedient bandaid” with a small square of gauze and duct tape. It’s not overkill or “manly”, it’s just practical. So yes, in some circumstances it is really necessary.

7. Jake says:

I too am a remote medic in Alaska. I was sent some of these in the mail…now all of the guys at work are calling them MANdaids. Priceless!

8. keri says:

i saw your comment about the duct tape bandages. I am a remote duty medic working in Iraq. i am about to comeback to Alaska. Can you tell me where any good jobs that pay well for me to look for? Or possible any req’s I can possible get?