3D paper snowflake

Posted in Crafts

Beautiful, isn’t it? And it’s all made from paper. Easier than you might think.

You simply start with paper, scissors, tape and a stapler.

Following the step-by-step instructions here, you cut and fold paper into each snowflake point. In the end, you staple them all together into the large snowflake.

It’s a beautiful and simple craft. Great for your windows.

Via DIY:happy ; Photo credit to Liz

Tags: , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “3D paper snowflake”

1. ericsboy says:

Have you made one of these beauties? They really do look complex and daunting, but I think I just may give one a go!

Though, it’s been my experience to add a box of bandaids to the supply list! ;)

2. arieanna says:

I am itching to try it out, but I’m surrounded in boxes! :(

3. snowflake says:

You can get a good, printable pattern for this 3-D snowflake here http://www.papersnowflakes.com/3dsnowflakes3.htm

4. Dawn says:

Very easy and beautiful. A little harder the smaller you try to make them, but same lovely result every time.

5. Jason says:

Very easy. Just made a couple with my 8 year old. Came out just like the picture. Next time I’m going to use colored paper and add some sparkles.

6. debbie says:

I saw this project and made it straight away, it was so easy thanks so much for the idea. Looking forward to any others you may have

7. [...] 3D paper snowflake – Blogaholics 8 Dec 2006. Following the step-by-step instructions here, you cut and fold paper into each snowflake point. In the end, you staple them all together 3D paper snowflake – Blogaholics [...]

8. Jen says:

This is one of the easiest crafts I’ve ever done and I’m not entirely that crafty. I like to do crafty things but I usually take longer than the average person. These snowflakes really are super neat and there are a million possibilities to making them even more beautiful! I made a plain white one using computer paper that I just folded one corner down and cut off the extra. It turned out really big but it was still easy (they said the bigger it is, the more difficult it is). The only thing with that though is that the snowflake was pretty flimsy. Next time will have to use regular construction paper.