Studio 60 to return

Posted in TV

Studio 60. What a rollercoaster.

Got a shaky start, but had us hooked right off. Was picked up for a full season. Then, before the season finale could air, was taken off and reportedly cancelled. The season finale – finished and ready to air – was reportedly never going to be shown. Over and over again it was reported, even very recently, that the show would not be picked up.

But things have shifted. I follow Gilmore Girls and their lot is right next to the Studio 60 lot. Two separate tour accounts have now reported that Studio 60 is filming – and coming back.

Here is one such report:

While my brother and I were walking around the lot I spotted Timothy Busfield. I told him I was a fan of the show and I hated The Black Donnellys. He assured me that Studio 60 would air again and invited me in to see the set.

But the doubts still exist. Reported today on TV Guide:

The Monday time slot may not have been ideal — if you recall, NBC’s initial plan was to air Studio 60 on Thursdays as the lead-in to ER, until ABC surprised everyone with the Grey’s Anatomy move. But NBC did the show a favor by not jerking it around (until the recent hiatus, of course), letting it stay where people knew to find it… With this show, it’s not just a ratings problem. It’s pretty widely perceived (although not by its fans) that the show has some insurmountable creative problems, which a new time period isn’t likely to help.

So, I think the people at TV Guide are completely clueless about the return of Studio 60. They just don’t know yet. But word is out, and we’ll see it come back.

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “Studio 60 to return”

1. RETS MARTIN says:

I SURE HOPE THAT STUDIO 60 COMES BACK I REALLY LOVE THE SHOW IT IS ONE OF THE FEW SHOWS THIS YEAR THAT GIVES YOU A LIFT AT THE END. THE JUNK THATS ON TV NOW. WELL LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, I HAVE THREE TV AND TWO RECORDERS
    IT WAS A TIME THAT I WOULD BE WATCHING ONE SHOW AND RECORDING THE REMAINDER. I WATCH WHAT RERUNS I HAVE OF STUDIO 60 NUMBERS AND A FEW MORE.
    THANKING YOU AND LOOKING FORWARD TO STUDIO 60 AGAIN
    RETS

2. Jordan says:

Indeed. Good show, and I’ll be happy to see it come back. When it does, that is.

3. PLEASE let it be true that S. 60 will return. I love this show, and so do many others– Christian and non-Christian… people who are thinkers love this show, (at least many of us do)

4. Paul Schranz says:

Studio 60 is pure intellectual joy. Sorkin has the soul of people with a high IQ and people who care about issues. This isn’t run of the mill television and shouldn’t be held to the same standard used for most prime time television shows mainly mindless and money making. Surely there is room in NBC’s line up for more quality. This show, and shows like House on Fox and Countdown on MSNBC, enlighten me, stmulate me, and entertain me. Bring it back this year and again next year as well.

5. Amanda says:

I seriously hope this show returns. It is fast paced, fun, and intelligent. I think some of the problem may be that people expected it to be 100% comedy, whereas it is actually a drama with comedic roots and undertones. I for one consider it brilliant and think it needs another shot.

6. Daniel says:

It’s now official, Studio 60 will be back May 24 10/9c, on the E.R timeslot.

7. Peter says:

I am so pleased that S60 will return, unfortunately, it seems to be a swan song. Other than the posting on the NBC website, I haven’t seen one advertisement about it. NBC has clearly written it off. Oh well, maybe we can get another CSI or Law & Order spin off. Now Grey’s Anatomy is spinning off a show about Addison. Since NBC is only really winning with Heroes and ER, they could spin off a few of those. Sad that there seems to be no originality out there. If it works copy it and sell the brand again.

8. the cast of Gilmore Girls are very pretty, i wish i could marry one of them.;`;