Facebook & Twitter?

Posted in Social networking, Technology

An open invitation to any developer out there with some free time:

Please make Twitter play with Facebook!

Twitter, in and of itself, it not much use to me. It’s too single-purpose. However, if it could be plugged into Facebook then I’d use it.

Facebook has it’s own "status" area in which you update what you’re doing. Since that is Twitter’s purpose, I would like to see someone create a Twitterific-ish program that enables me to remotely update both my Twitter and Facebook at the same time.

Any takers?

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Facebook & Twitter?”

1. Ian McKenzie says:

I was having an e-mail discussion on this same issue yesterday. (Great minds and all ;) ). I’d be happy if Facebook’s Status Update worked more like Twitter.

2. Alex Foster says:

I’ve been having thoughts along these lines today – largely because Facebook doesn’t seem to like British mobile phone networks.

Certainly, you could set Twitter’s RSS feed to be the feed that gets imported into your “notes” section – provided a) twitter was set to let strangers read your feed and b) you weren’t already using your import anyway.

3. Shai Coggins says:

My thoughts exactly! :-)

I actually left Twitter because I found it useless. But, ‘am definitely loving Facebook. I was also thinking about that “status” thing and thinking what you just wrote.

Anyway, have a good trip!

4. Austin says:

try http://fbtwit.com

It should take your facebook and move it to twitter automatically… but going from twitter to facebook is impossible because facebook doesn’t allow posting from the api.

I keep fbtwit in my bookmark bar and click it whenever I update my facebook status.

5. Rich Tatum says:

Check out Twitterbook, to update your Twitter feed with FB status updates:

Rich
    BlogRodent

6. Lamp says:

The thing with fbtwit and twitterbook, is that it isn’t automatic, both require you to run the script each time an ‘update’ is done. =/

twitterfeed.com works well, if you put the facebook status feed in it, it will auto-update every 30 minutes (shortest time), but it will include the “Lamp is” section in the twit. =/